Saturday, September 23, 2006

My 2nd Thoughts [written inGame by FEZ Rutherford]

Object-Name: blogHelper
Region: Sandbox Island (254464, 255488)
Local-Position: (173, 117, 26)

After reading on the CyberOne homepage that they hold their classes also in SL, I went to their place (Berkman Island 82/81/25) to maybe meet someoen of the team. Unfortunately I was not lucky with that but I must say they do have a VERY nice place over there.

On the tool: I just changed the blog-interaction to single-action. This means that now a message can be sent to the blog by simpley dragging a notecard onto the hub-symbol and it then is directly sent. Much easier to use than the last system which needed several clicks. One drawback I still see is, that a single paragraph (or line) in the notecard may be 255 characters maximum. This is due to the possibilities of the SL-Script-engine. I still hope that 2nDisability-reporters will understand.

On my disability: While moving over SL and to different places, I realized a interesting form of places beeing not made for handicapped persons like I am. When you think about such buildings in real-life you may think about people in wheelchairs and stairs (at least this is a quite common example). What i realized here in SL are places where scripts are not allowed by the land owner. In such places I can not be a disabled person anymore (as my disability depends on scripts). Well, this is a little different to the RL pendant, but still they are not friendly places for disabled persons...

Okay. It's getting late. I'm off for bed.
More to come....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!